Thursday, November 6, 2008

What it's all about...


i have started this blog to share my leather work. My partner and i own a small gift shop in wayzata, minnesota. we carry lots of local and regional artisan created work as well as items we both make. (visit http://www.manitobastitches.blogspot.com/ to see my partner's work.) it's funny but i started doing leather work when i was forced to take a 'shop' class in 7th grade many, many years ago. i loved it! my parents gave me a tandy's leather making set for christmas that year and i fell in love with the idea of making leather items by hand. some years later i even had a small leather shop/business in northern minnesota where i made and sold leather purses, tote bags, belts and just about anything else i could think of. it was a riot and i thought i'd be doing it for the rest of my life. but...things change and life move me in a different direction. now, however, it feels wonderful to be back doing something i loved doing so many years ago. i hope you enjoy looking at my work.

No comments: